Bowker Statement Of Use
Bowker Statement of Use
This Statement of Use explains how ProQuest LLC and its affiliates, including affiliate R.R. Bowker LLC (collectively "ProQuest") plan to use any Metadata, Enriched Content or Digital Content relating to your publications that you choose to supply to us ("Your Materials").
- "Metadata" means the bibliographic information about your title such as author, title, publisher, ISBN, price, dimensions, publication date, etc.
- "Enriched Content" means descriptive information about your title such as cover images, annotations, summaries, or author biographies.
- "Digital Content" means, collectively, (i) digitized portions of your title such as tables of contents, first chapters, indexes, or other excerpts of your title ("Digital Content Excerpts") and (ii) the full text of your title ("Full Text Digital Content").
ProQuest and its affiliates have designed and developed databases, products and services relating to book information for the library, publishing, academic and retail markets. These databases, products and services include, but are not limited to:
- Books In Print® and Global Books In Print® databases and all their subsets, in all formats and delivery media, including without limitation, in direct-to-customer electronic data feeds, online, and in print
- Syndetics™ library catalog enrichment services
- Identifiers Services, which provides registration and search optimization services relating to product identifiers such as ISBNs
- Ebook Central® ebook platform and database
- Oasis&trade library catalog and ordering services
- Databases for the K-12 and academic market, including Safari&trade books and other products and services
- Primo® and Summon® discovery services
- Alma® library management system
- 360 Knowledgebase repository
Use of Your Materials by ProQuest
By submitting Your Materials to ProQuest or by allowing ProQuest to access Your Materials, you are granting ProQuest and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use Your Materials for any lawful purpose in any formats ProQuest utilizes today and in formats brought forth by new technology in any ProQuest or ProQuest affiliate products and services. In consideration of the mutual benefits arising from the inclusion of Your Materials in ProQuest's databases, products and services, you grant to ProQuest a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free right, but not the obligation, to load and store Your Materials on ProQuest's computer systems and to display and distribute Your Materials within ProQuest's databases, products, and services to ProQuest customers. You understand that ProQuest has the right to control the content and format of its databases, products, and services and you agree that ProQuest has the right to include materials provided by other materials providers in ProQuest's databases, products and services along with Your Materials.
You, as a publisher, retain all rights to publish, copyright, and distribute your titles.
You represent that you have the right to provide ProQuest and its affiliates with Your Materials and that Your Materials do not infringe any copyright, proprietary, privacy, publicity or other right of any third party.
Use of Digital Content Submissions by ProQuest
The following applies to any Digital Content that you supply to ProQuest as part of Your Materials:
- ProQuest shall not sell, license, sublicense, or otherwise distribute or make your Full Text Digital Content in its entirety accessible in any way whatsoever to any third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ProQuest may create Digital Content Excerpts from your Full Text Digital Content for the uses described in this Statement of Use. ProQuest shall not edit or modify your Full Text Content when creating Digital Content Excerpts.
- ProQuest may use your Digital Content to create indexes for relevancy ranking, key word searching, and book profiles to enhance the search and discovery capabilities of ProQuest's databases, products and services.
- ProQuest may convert your Digital Content to any XML format, including ProQuest's proprietary XML format.
- ProQuest acknowledges that you own all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, the copyright, in and to your Digital Content. The copyright and title to all property interests in or to your Digital Content are and shall remain in you and this Statement of Use shall not grant to ProQuest any right of ownership therein.
- ProQuest shall not alter, remove, obscure or obstruct the display of any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice placed upon your Digital Content by you. ProQuest shall not commit, or knowingly assist any third party to commit any act or omission that would impair your rights in and to your Digital Content.
Acceptance of Terms
Submissions of Your Materials via a ProQuest website (including MyIdentifiers.com and BowkerLink.com), the ProQuest FTP site, e-mail, or by any other means indicates your acceptance of the above terms. ProQuest's principal place of business, where this contract is formed and all services will be deemed performed, is 789 E. Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
If you have any questions about this Statement of Use, please contact Bowker's Data Services Department by phone at 888-269-5372, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org